Lousy thieving criminals

Author Reply
essential
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:5(4%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Have to love the criminal justice system in this country.
About 3 months ago a nasty criminal wrecked my car door and made off with very nice Kenwood car stereo, (present from the G/F and worth considerably more than the car I would have thought), my girlfriends jacket and handbag containing mobile phone, (yes, yes she left it in the car, serves us right we were obviously Ďasking for ití, grrrrrhhh).

Rather nice chap loitering in the bushes nearby, (donít ask) sees the whole thing and gets a full description of him and his vehicle registration. The police are so desperate to nail this prolific criminal (their words not mine), that they come round to my home on a Saturday night to get all our details. They say he is a nasty bit of work and responsible for mucho car break-ins.

So at court this guy pleads guilty despite denying everything up till then. He gets 150 hours community service and ordered to pay compensation to me and G/F of £300.

3 months later on and no money has been paid, he has apparently Ďinjuredí himself and can not work, he rather handily got a job for when he was up in court, hence non custodial sentence, but now rather conveniently isnít working again.
Sorry if I sound bitter but I am, any apologists who wish to explain how his mummy didnít love him please donít bother.

/Rant mode off
#1 at 18:51:13 - 26/03/2007
Legion
Flag
Comments:18
Thread Kills:54(3%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
What a bastard.

The whole system is fucked. I know I keep saying this, but it really and truly is. It needs a major overhall. The focus is on locking people away but that doesn't solve anything, it just removes the problem for a short while. We need to deter people from commiting crime in other ways.

For example, if I pass an old woman on the street the reason I don't knock her to the floor, give he a swift kick to the ribs and then nick her handbag because isn't because I fear jail, it's because I know it's wrong.

#2 at 00:58:08 - 27/03/2007
Carrybagma
Flag
Comments:34
Thread Kills:17(8%)
Star Rating
You start to understand why some people become career criminals when you hear so many stories like this. As long as you can do straight-faced-lying Ok, it sounds like a easy career.
#3 at 03:38:19 - 28/03/2007
JimJam
Flag
Comments:189
Thread Kills:162(6%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I hate to sound like a Daily Mail reader, but the birch would be cool for offenders like this. Especially if his victims got to do the birching across his theiving little face.
#4 at 14:57:14 - 28/03/2007
strangeed
Flag
Comments:16
Thread Kills:36(5%)
Star Rating
JimJam said:I hate to sound like a Daily Mail reader, but the birch would be cool for offenders like this. Especially if his victims got to do the birching across his theiving little face.

0_o Ummm...no
#5 at 15:00:32 - 28/03/2007
Teeth
Flag
Comments:4
Thread Kills:14(5%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
give in to the hate
#6 at 15:06:25 - 28/03/2007
JimJam
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
strangeed said:
JimJam said:I hate to sound like a Daily Mail reader, but the birch would be cool for offenders like this. Especially if his victims got to do the birching across his theiving little face.

0_o Ummm...no

Pffft, no fun :)

In all seriousness, as Legion said, there actually needs to be some sort of deterrent for theft like this. He's already moved the stereo on for some poxy amount of money, he's got a bit of community service (and is magically injured so can't do it) and then doesn't have a job so can't pay the compensation. Another example of people who toe the line being punished rather than those who don't.
#7 at 15:07:16 - 28/03/2007
boabg
Flag
Comments:13
Thread Kills:52(4%)
AATG Pts:65
Star Rating
Can't you find out where he lives then go and injure him properly?

That's probably what I would do.
#8 at 15:10:04 - 28/03/2007
Teeth
Flag
Star Rating
What is evil? What is justice!?

SPACE HUNTER DRAKE REDCREST IS CONFUSED
#9 at 15:36:14 - 28/03/2007
strangeed
Flag
Comments:16
Thread Kills:36(5%)
Star Rating
Teeth said:What is evil? What is justice!?

SPACE HUNTER DRAKE REDCREST IS CONFUSED

Duffman to the rescue, oh yeah

/moves hips suggestively
#10 at 16:09:38 - 28/03/2007
Legion
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
JimJam said:

In all seriousness, as Legion said, there actually needs to be some sort of deterrent for theft like this. He's already moved the stereo on for some poxy amount of money, he's got a bit of community service (and is magically injured so can't do it) and then doesn't have a job so can't pay the compensation. Another example of people who toe the line being punished rather than those who don't.

Heh, I think physical punishment (birching) has no lasting effect and the bircher would simple be dropping down to the criminal's level. Public humiliation is where it's at. How ashamed would you be if you mates found out your beaten up an old women for a tenner? You'd be shunned wouldn't you?

Get those people who commit lower end crime to do community service (and I mean actually make them do it, non of this no checking up on them BS) whilst wearing bright pink overalls with their name and crime on the back. "Paul Smith - Thief", "David Jones - vandal", "Peter Smith - Pervert". I guarantee that if they're forced into doing that they'll think twice about showing their faces again, and, more importantly, they'll think twice about commiting a crime again, because of the humiliation.

I don't care what most people claim - most people do actually care what others think of them.
#11 at 16:11:21 - 28/03/2007
Carrybagma
Flag
Comments:34
Thread Kills:17(8%)
Star Rating
I'd like to read the opinion of Rodger UKcriminaljusticesystem, owner of the UK Criminal Justice System.

Or would that break the page?
#12 at 16:11:28 - 28/03/2007
essential
Flag
Star Rating
boabg said:Can't you find out where he lives then go and injure him properly?

That's probably what I would do.

The witness who saw him said he looked like a very nasty piece of work, the police confirmed he is also violent.
If I did bump into him I would probably thank him and let him know the other door is up for wrecking as well.

According to the people who are supposed to be collecting the money from him, he has been in court a few times since then on other charges.
Initially they intimated they would send the baliffs round, they are suposed to call me today to advise if they can get this money, which tbh does not cover my loss anyway.
I guess I'm angry because the guy is seen by a reliable witness, he ends up admitting to it and still there is no result.
In my book that really is getting away with it.
#13 at 16:24:37 - 28/03/2007
essential
Flag
Star Rating
Teeth said:give in to the hate

Teeth, I think we should be careful at saying anyone feeling angry at being robbed and not be recompensed is giving in to hate.

If birching or shaming stops cunts like this from fucking other people over then yes, I will give in to the hate.
In an ideal world I would give him a big hug and a cup of tea, he would tell me how unhappy he is and together we would walk hand in hand in to a bright new tomorrow together.
The reality is I dont have much money and some scumbag has taken our things, things that me and the GF work bloody hard for, so now I have no music in car and no finances with which to replace.

First rule of life, pay your own way!
#14 at 16:32:04 - 28/03/2007
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Legion said:
JimJam said:

Heh, I think physical punishment (birching) has no lasting effect and the bircher would simple be dropping down to the criminal's level. Public humiliation is where it's at. How ashamed would you be if you mates found out your beaten up an old women for a tenner? You'd be shunned wouldn't you?

Get those people who commit lower end crime to do community service (and I mean actually make them do it, non of this no checking up on them BS) whilst wearing bright pink overalls with their name and crime on the back. "Paul Smith - Thief", "David Jones - vandal", "Peter Smith - Pervert". I guarantee that if they're forced into doing that they'll think twice about showing their faces again, and, more importantly, they'll think twice about commiting a crime again, because of the humiliation.

I don't care what most people claim - most people do actually care what others think of them.

I can well imagine what the lovely liberal "human rights" lot would have to say about that. Did you know they've successfully campaigned to get our local town halls to remove "asbo" posters from the frontage? Because apparently it "ashames and upsets the poor widdle Asbo-cretins"

Awww it's such a shame.

Personally I think the best deterrent would be to have daily televised events where petty annoying little shits like this are shown strapped to a chair, before being publicly showered with bat faeces operated by a button pushed by their victims. It'd get more viewers than ANY tv proggy EVER

Peej
#15 at 16:34:19 - 28/03/2007
Tiger_Walts
Flag
Comments:322
Thread Kills:67(4%)
AATG Pts:190
Star Rating
Gold Medal
I can well imagine what the lovely liberal "human rights" lot would have to say about that. Did you know they've successfully campaigned to get our local town halls to remove "asbo" posters from the frontage? Because apparently it "ashames and upsets the poor widdle Asbo-cretins"
Peej

Er, I thought that was the whole idea of the ASBO, name and shame them.
#16 at 16:38:09 - 28/03/2007
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Legion said:
JimJam said:

Get those people who commit lower end crime to do community service (and I mean actually make them do it, non of this no checking up on them BS) whilst wearing bright pink overalls with their name and crime on the back. "Paul Smith - GAY", "David Jones - GAY", "Peter Smith - GAY". I guarantee that if they're forced into doing that they'll think twice about showing their faces again, and, more importantly, they'll think twice about commiting a crime again, because of the humiliation.

Fixed. That would be more likely to sort them.

Nothing embarrasses a chav like being branded gay. Unless he's a gay chav, um, in... which case... oh, I don't fucking know, do I look like a fucking judge?

Ignore the suspenders for a moment.
#17 at 16:39:20 - 28/03/2007
JimJam
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
essential said:The reality is I dont have much money and some scumbag has taken our things, things that me and the GF work bloody hard for, so now I have no music in car and no finances with which to replace.

Quite - I've been robbed twice from different cars I've had, and taking into account the insurance excess on what was stolen neither time was worth me claiming. It just meant I was several hundred quid out of pocket on items that probably got fenced for about £75 in total.
#18 at 16:40:33 - 28/03/2007
Stevas
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
OMG! I just had, like, the besterest idea ever! ChavTV! Like big brother but, instead of voting for them to be let OUT, you vote for which one has to shower with the bent rapists while the guards are "busy"!

"Dear Channel Five..."
#19 at 16:41:32 - 28/03/2007
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Tiger_Walts said:
Peej

Er, I thought that was the whole idea of the ASBO, name and shame them.

Nope not in our local borough at least. They have to be displayed on a notice board "away from normal public traffic"

Read: In a basement in a filing cabinet guarded by tigers.

I love this country. No really I do.

/grits teeth

Peej
#20 at 16:47:20 - 28/03/2007
Teeth
Flag
Star Rating
essential said:

Teeth, I think we should be careful at saying anyone feeling angry at being robbed and not be recompensed is giving in to hate.

If birching or shaming stops cunts like this from fucking other people over then yes, I will give in to the hate.
In an ideal world I would give him a big hug and a cup of tea, he would tell me how unhappy he is and together we would walk hand in hand in to a bright new tomorrow together.
The reality is I dont have much money and some scumbag has taken our things, things that me and the GF work bloody hard for, so now I have no music in car and no finances with which to replace.

You want the system to protect you yet all you are proposing is retribution rather than constructive ways the system could be changed for the better. You are ranting on an internet board to make yourself feel better when all your online pals all shuffle up and murmur some moronic agreement. It achieves nothing, apart from contributing to your ill feeling. There's nothing you can do now to stop this crime from occurring, nothing you can do to get your stuff back, and nothing you can do to further affect the life of the man who caused you this frustration. Dwelling on it, especially with these feelings of violence, is unhealthy. Move on.
#21 at 17:09:16 - 28/03/2007
essential
Flag
Star Rating
Teeth said:
essential said:

You want the system to protect you yet all you are proposing is retribution rather than constructive ways the system could be changed for the better. You are ranting on an internet board to make yourself feel better when all your online pals all shuffle up and murmur some moronic agreement. It achieves nothing, apart from contributing to your ill feeling. There's nothing you can do now to stop this crime from occurring, nothing you can do to get your stuff back, and nothing you can do to further affect the life of the man who caused you this frustration. Dwelling on it, especially with these feelings of violence, is unhealthy. Move on.

There is a rant section and I took the opportunity to use it.
I have moved on but when I found out that the guy who did this was wriggling out of paying damages I Ďlet off steamí on here.
To be quite honest I find your comments on something that hasnít affected you quite uncalled for.
Yes my internet pals are mumbling platitudes with the intention of making me feel better.
Same as they would hopefully do if we were all down the pub together.
Oh it must be wonderful to be you and look down on us.
Congratulations go get yourself a cigar.
#22 at 17:20:07 - 28/03/2007
JimJam
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Teeth said:You want the system to protect you yet all you are proposing is retribution rather than constructive ways the system could be changed for the better. You are ranting on an internet board to make yourself feel better when all your online pals all shuffle up and murmur some moronic agreement. It achieves nothing, apart from contributing to your ill feeling.

Moronic ? Hardly. Conciliatory ? Of course. Most people who've been the victims of crime feel some sort of animosity toward the perpetrator. If you haven't been the victim of theft you're lucky. If you have been and you don't feel even the slightest wish for revenge or punishment I tip my hat.
#23 at 17:41:53 - 28/03/2007
Legion
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
peej said:
Personally I think the best deterrent would be to have daily televised events where petty annoying little shits like this are shown strapped to a chair, before being publicly showered with bat faeces operated by a button pushed by their victims. It'd get more viewers than ANY tv proggy EVER

Peej

I agree, anything that teaches criminals humility and accountability will work. IMO.
#24 at 17:53:38 - 28/03/2007
Legion
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Stevas said:
Legion said:
JimJam said:

Get those people who commit lower end crime to do community service (and I mean actually make them do it, non of this no checking up on them BS) whilst wearing bright pink overalls with their name and crime on the back. "Paul Smith - GAY", "David Jones - GAY", "Peter Smith - GAY". I guarantee that if they're forced into doing that they'll think twice about showing their faces again, and, more importantly, they'll think twice about commiting a crime again, because of the humiliation.

Fixed. That would be more likely to sort them.

Nothing embarrasses a chav like being branded gay. Unless he's a gay chav, um, in... which case... oh, I don't fucking know, do I look like a fucking judge?

Ignore the suspenders for a moment.

I once had an idea along similar lines Stevas: that prison bumings should no longer be hushed up, but should, in fact, be promoted. However, as someone pointed out, that could result in a lot of Dick Emery types committing crimes with the hope of being sent to prison for a long stretch.
#25 at 17:57:21 - 28/03/2007
Legion
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Stevas said:OMG! I just had, like, the besterest idea ever! ChavTV! Like big brother but, instead of voting for them to be let OUT, you vote for which one has to shower with the bent rapists while the guards are "busy"!

"Dear Channel Five..."

Never mind, it would appear that, as usual, you are way ahead of me.
#26 at 17:58:47 - 28/03/2007
Stevas
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Heh. "Vote now for which cellmate you want in for this weeks Long Stretch!"

I am so fucking wasted here.
#27 at 18:06:11 - 28/03/2007
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Stevas said:Heh. "Vote now for which cellmate you want in for this weeks Long Stretch!"

Thou art Roger Mellie and I claim my five pounds and a free copy of Viz.

"Fuckin' hell tom I've got a GREAT idea for a gameshow!"

Peej
#28 at 18:27:15 - 28/03/2007
essential
Flag
Star Rating
Teeth,
Whilst I appreciate that really giving into the hate achieves nothing I am genuinely puzzled as to what I did that was so bad by using the rant (dictionary definition: to speak in a very loud, aggressive, or bombastic way, usually at length and repetitively) section of the forum. I would assume that a rant would be taken with a large dose of salt.
This happened 3 months ago in all that time I neither posted nor commented on this either here or in EG, so what I thought itís happened. I appreciate every little bit of my life I am a lucky man in many ways, thanks be to God, the universe to nature whatever.

The thread was started in response to me finding out he had wriggled out of paying on the day I posted it, I do not feel some murderous hate to this man, but as per my original post you have to love the criminal justice system in this country, it sucks at times and in certain situations.

Someone else mentioned the birch and being facetious I responded with Ďbirching or shaming, whatever stops these cuntsí. This was in direct response to your comment about giving in to the hate. Sorry, as like most people I fall far short of the ideal to turn the other cheek. However I wouldnít say Iím eaten up here, to be perfectly frank with you Iím more put out that you feel the need to state the bloody obvious, I feel that only one Ďmoronic commentí has been made here today.

Teeth I genuinely do not want bad blood between us but I am a fan of the old adage to attack the idea not the person. Our friendships here hang thread like (did you see what I did there?) on each others words, without a smile or other visible clue as to the tone of a post perhaps we should beware of reproving each other in public and to give each other the benefit of the doubt.
This forum is solace to me in my usual boring work day and I would like it to stay that way.

/Offers hand

#29 at 18:39:13 - 28/03/2007
Stevas
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
peej said:
Stevas said:Heh. "Vote now for which cellmate you want in for this weeks Long Stretch!"

Thou art Roger Mellie and I claim my five pounds and a free copy of Viz.

"Fuckin' hell tom I've got a GREAT idea for a gameshow!"

Peej

"It's a winner, Tom. I hear Joe Pasquali is desperate. Celebrity Gang Rape, I call it..."
#30 at 19:02:45 - 28/03/2007

home