Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms

Author Reply
disusedgenius
Flag
Comments:10
Thread Kills:13(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Couldn't find a Medieval 2 Total war thread but here goes.

They've just announced the expansion pack, which I've cunningly copy and pasted here:

M2:TW Kingdoms:

We are pleased to announce, after much speculation and guess work on the part of the community, the arrival of the new expansion pack for Medieval II: Total War. Kingdoms will feature four new campaigns of the epic proportions fans have come to expect in Total War games. Britannia, The Crusades, The Teutonic Wars and The Americas finish off a thrilling line up of scenarios for even the most discerning of Total War players.

A host of new features accompanies the expansion. Some 23 playable factions join the melee, including Native American and European factions. In total more than 150 new units grace the battlefield, including the deadly Greek Flamethrower.

Kingdoms also features the ability to control multiple armies, including reinforcement armies, while new historical characters and events appear, such as the rise of titanic figures like William Wallace. With many new mission types, six new multiplayer scenarios and 20 new custom battle maps, Kingdoms is a fantastic addition to Med II that will satisfy any fan of the game.

Just watched the trailer and it looks interesting - 4 whole campaigns, Hero units with new abilities (?!?), Moated forts. Looks promising.

sneeky link to trailer.
#1 at 18:34:56 - 30/03/2007
Truk
Flag
Comments:11
Thread Kills:11(3%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
You win this time, 'genius!

;-)

I'm actually going to be able to play this game soon. Can't wait!
#2 at 20:07:15 - 30/03/2007
disusedgenius
Flag
Star Rating
/

I have to say that I copy and pasted extra quick to get a win!

When you say you're playing it soon, is that in the 'make disussedgenius very jealous' kind of pre-release stuff or is it coming out quickly?
#3 at 20:10:17 - 30/03/2007
Truk
Flag
Comments:11
Thread Kills:11(3%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
Ah right, um, whoops, no. I meant the original game - I've only had time to play a few hours of it since I've got it.

I'm not even sure when Kingdoms will be out. Pretty certain I'll be getting though. Those new campaigns look interesting. It'd be nice to have some smaller, more focussed scenarios. The big campaign can take a bit too long, particularly when one doesn't have much time. Smaller campaigns in a similar style to Gal Civ II sounds good to me.

That's if they are smaller, of course.
#4 at 20:14:03 - 30/03/2007
disusedgenius
Flag
Star Rating
Ah, I was just wondering as the new p[atch is meant to be out soon that should fix a whole bunch of issues. It went into testing last week or so and I was kinda hoping they'd stick it onto the expansion pack for a couple of week's time.

But that's all crazy talk really.
#5 at 20:19:52 - 30/03/2007

home