Author Reply
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I know there's a stalker thread but it always get spoilerific in them threads once a few people are in the middle of a playthrough, which is a bit annoying for people waiting for Play to deliver, or waiting for the game to work on their PC, etc.

So there. If you don't own it yet, go away now. if you do and you're a bit stuck, fire away. Perhaps you should still put a spoiler if you're going to give away parts of the main story though?

Anyway.
Andy, I know you're stuck finding a rifle. Have you found a way to it yet? I'm at a complete loss and getting a bit frustrated. (I'm also stubborn, so I keep rooting around).
#1 at 23:01:37 - 02/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
aaand sorted. The AG topic was a bit more active. It's dangerous there though. Full of people way ahead in the game and yapping about it.
#2 at 01:04:23 - 03/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Due to the overwhelming help last night, I feel confident I'll be able to get help tonight as well.
:-)

It's less urgent this time. Any tips on how to do the missions in Yanna or whatever it's called as soon as I cross the gate I get told to get out of there due to psi damage.
:-(
#3 at 23:47:50 - 03/04/2007
UncleLou
Flag
Comments:9
Thread Kills:8(5%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
Have you been to the underground lab yet? It's certainly in your task list - the one where you have to look for the tunnel entrance, steal the lab key, etc. You have to do that first.

Oh, and report back if you've been there.

/evil smile
#4 at 00:14:41 - 04/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Ah no. I'm doing tons of side missions at the moment. Haven't progressed the main story in 2 days or more.

After I installed the patch I focussed on the main story for a bit and the "local" missions in the cordon area for example were a bit "meh" once you'd been in the garbage area already. So out of fear of progressing the story mission and then not being bothered by the side missions anymore and hence shortening the game a bit too much for myself, I've now tucked into several side missions for a while.

I may as well go check out the next story related one soon then.

#5 at 00:34:47 - 04/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I finally went into the dark valley.
I avoided it to start with. I didn't want to progress the story too quick and I had so many side missions to run. Plus it sounded menacing and scary.

I went all over the place since then, so as I headed into the dark valley last night, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was down there.
Full of little bandits which my super duper, scoped, silenced weapons can pick off with a headshot or two long before they see me. It's a breeze!
Sadly I ran out of time whilst only half way through. :-(

More after the easter weekend I guess.

#6 at 15:50:16 - 05/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Woooo! I went into the labs and got the papers! Well spooky that place!

SPOILER FOR THOSE NOT YET ON THAT MISSION
Once I picked up the documents, I got attacked by leaping fireballs and after I ran downstairs, someone (something?) was holding the door from the outside. I only had a minute or two before I had to save and go, so I didn't get to check around very thoroughly. I checked for doors upstairs and did a run around the room downstairs without Seeing and obvious exit though.
I'll either load it up tonight and spot something very obvious which I missed due to my "OMG I'm being chased by two fireballs!!" state of mind or I'll be stuck.

wish me luck.

T minus 7 hours and counting. :-(
#7 at 11:10:37 - 10/04/2007
Dr.Haggard
Flag
Comments:25
Thread Kills:6(2%)
AATG Pts:90
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I was stuck there for a bit.

SPOILER (for anyone who hasn't reached X18 yet)

If you figured out how to stop stuff being thrown at you in the preceding sections of the lab then you'll have no trouble here. Personally I thought it was somewhat unintuitive.
#8 at 13:52:55 - 10/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Hmmm ... I only managed to dodge stuff chucked at me, not stop it being thrown at me.
It did seem to calm down a bit after I killed some big monster.

T minus 4 hours and 7 minutes.

:-(
#9 at 13:54:55 - 10/04/2007
Dr.Haggard
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Nope that's not it. Although I thought it was brilliant at first, getting stuff chucked at me by an invisible force did start to get old after a while, and I started to think that the developers can't have intended for it to carry on the whole time you're there so there must be a way to stop it.

Unfortunately the solution is somewhat obtuse, albeit simple. I didn't figure it out, but some people will shoot at anything ;)
#10 at 14:06:09 - 10/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Cheers! I went home for lunch and had about 40 minutes of stalker time. I managed to get out and I managed to stop all that stuff being chucked at me. :-)

#11 at 16:10:20 - 10/04/2007
Dr.Haggard
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Ah, glad to hear it.

I thought they were just moving anomalies.
#12 at 16:44:00 - 10/04/2007
Salaman
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Dr.Haggard said:Ah, glad to hear it.

I thought they were just moving anomalies.

+1
#13 at 22:40:55 - 10/04/2007
repairmanjack
Flag
Comments:206
Thread Kills:94(2%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
/bump... and steal

So, having played Metro to death, I'm considering dragging out Stalker again to give it another try. It ran like shit on the old laptop, but this little doohickey should be a bit more powerful.

What patches/mods do I need to give myself the best chance of a smooth trip here?
#14 at 02:48:29 - 26/03/2010

home