Author Reply
repairmanjack
Flag
Comments:206
Thread Kills:94(2%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Took the family to see this a couple of days ago... and really wish we hadn't bothered. We're a family of fans, so the show usually gets an airing most days. Perhaps we're glutted on it, but I found it to be one of the most pointless and dull cinema experiences I've ever had.

There's a bit at the start where Homer takes the piss out of people paying to see something they can get for free on TV... and therein lies the problem. You have seen this on TV. It plays like one of the compilation shows. The biggest annoyance is that the TV shows actually have better writing. Not only have you seen this before - but you've seen it done better.

5/10
#1 at 12:14:55 - 03/08/2007
HairyArse
Flag
Comments:1774
Thread Kills:127(2%)
AATG Pts:350
Star Rating
Gold Medal
I don't particularly care for the Simpsons full stop.
#2 at 12:34:00 - 03/08/2007
Roobs
Flag
Comments:4
Thread Kills:7(2%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
repairmanjack said:Took the family to see this a couple of days ago... and really wish we hadn't bothered. We're a family of fans, so the show usually gets an airing most days. Perhaps we're glutted on it, but I found it to be one of the most pointless and dull cinema experiences I've ever had.

There's a bit at the start where Homer takes the piss out of people paying to see something they can get for free on TV... and therein lies the problem. You have seen this on TV. It plays like one of the compilation shows. The biggest annoyance is that the TV shows actually have better writing. Not only have you seen this before - but you've seen it done better.

5/10

I agree. I felt that I'd paid money for an extended episode of The Simpsons and even then it wasn't much good. I suppose I was hoping that they'd go back to their old style as I think the series has declined in the past few years, IMO.

The abysmal imitation of an Irish accent from one of the characters didn't help my opinion of the film either. ;)
#3 at 12:49:27 - 03/08/2007
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Awww... I want to go see that tonight. Don't put me off it!

/shakes fist
#4 at 17:11:45 - 03/08/2007

home