WOPR
Flag
Comments:45
Thread Kills:42(3%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
FUCKING GAME!!

Just when it gets good, it presents you with a fucking level to do on the bike or some other vehicle. These levels suck. More frustrating still is the amount of times I've finished a level, it says 'Mission Complete' and I can't find my way back out of the level again!! I've just finished a level and may actually have to give up because I can't get out, even the walkthroughs I've looked at don't help.

And don't get me started on using the nub for driving or riding...
#1 at 19:23:43 - 29/08/2007
JohnnyM60
Flag
Comments:58
Thread Kills:9(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Hmm, still not picked this up. Less tempting now.

R&C might be better.
#2 at 19:49:29 - 29/08/2007
quedex
Flag
Comments:171
Thread Kills:49(3%)
AATG Pts:90
Star Rating
Strange. Don't remember the ends of the level being that hard to find. The lift / transporter / whatever that takes you back to the city is usually within sight.

Which one are you stuck on at the moment?
#3 at 21:10:46 - 29/08/2007
WOPR
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
OK I eventually lucked into finding the way out. Will concentrate more next time.

Johnny, R&C has horrendous difficulty spikes apparently which is why I went for Daxter instead. I'm at 50% and it's probably just my lameness that have caused the problems for me!
#4 at 22:04:11 - 29/08/2007
quedex
Flag
Comments:171
Thread Kills:49(3%)
AATG Pts:90
Star Rating
Glad you found it. The levels are perfectly linear, so at most you might need to spin the camera round a little bit just to spot the direction you need to go in. But you shouldn't ever need to backtrack - all the secret bits and hidden eggs and stuff appear before the end of the level.

And trust me, if you don't get on with the driving bits in Daxter, the hoverboard races in R&C:SM will have you throwing the PSP against the wall.
#5 at 22:11:19 - 29/08/2007
JohnnyM60
Flag
Comments:58
Thread Kills:9(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
WOPR said:OK I eventually lucked into finding the way out. Will concentrate more next time.

Johnny, R&C has horrendous difficulty spikes apparently which is why I went for Daxter instead. I'm at 50% and it's probably just my lameness that have caused the problems for me!

Same as the ps2 games then. :)

They always chuck in some bloody imposible bit to do your head in.
#6 at 23:13:31 - 29/08/2007
WOPR
Flag
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
FUCK'S SAKE!! Very next level I do, same thing - I can't find my way out again after completing the mission. This is ridiculous.

And this game isn't truly linear - I had to find 7 things, but you can find them in any order, so it's not just a case of finding the 7th bit and bang there's the exit. I've now got to backtrack all over the shop to try and find the exit. Fucking infuriating.
#7 at 21:21:08 - 30/08/2007
NewYork
Flag
Comments:1481
Thread Kills:105(2%)
AATG Pts:330
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Holy heck, there's a new J&D game coming to the PSP and PS2!

Sony has just sent us a press release announcing a new Jak and Daxter game for the PSP and PS2. The game, titled Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, will be out this Autumn and will pick up "from where the original Jak and Daxter trilogy left off."

You'll be exploring the eponymous Lost Frontier as you help Kiera on her "quest to become a Sage and save the world from the threat of darkness." Emphasis is being placed on "sky-high adventure" as you take "flight in one of five different aircrafts" and "blast airborne enemies and battle skypirates with your powerful Gunstaff" -- a new transforming weapon.

The game is being developed by High Impact Games -- the developers of Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters. We're glad to see Daxter's name back up there in the title. Hopefully it more resembles the colourful fantasy world of Jak and Daxter 1 than the depressing GTA-esque Jak 2.

The PS2 just keeps on trucking!
#8 at 20:07:00 - 01/04/2009
blizeH
Flag
Comments:27
Thread Kills:30(4%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
I searched for this thread to ask if anyone else gave up on that ridiculous bike level, and then I saw the first post ;)

I'm done with it though, nggh, the controls are utterly terrible and the time constraints just make it a lot worse, as you get 'mission failed' come up because you can't find the last lot of bugs. I mean they've been harmlessly just there in the woods for ages now, would another minute or two make any difference?

Agree about the hoverboard sections in R&C though, I breezed through the first lot, but the one with the speed bursts either side, and a big wall blocking your path? Serious wtf.
#9 at 10:50:50 - 02/03/2010

home