Author Reply
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
So yesterday I decide to play Bioshock. I have done this maybe five times since it was released. I load the game, and play through, and all the time I'm thinking "You know, I'm SURE I already played this section..." Sure enough, I get to the bit with the shotgun, where everything goes dark. After sitting dumbstruck for a good minute or so it occurs to me IT AUTOLOADS THE LAST SAVE GAME. And how does it decide this? FROM THE SYSTEM CLOCK.

You know.

THE ONE THAT KEEPS RESETTING EVERY TIME I SWITCH THE 360 OFF.

Jesus.

H.

Christ.

I think I've played the same half an hour five times.

Still, at least I can't claim the game is too short, eh?

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
#1 at 19:32:07 - 11/10/2007
kalel
Flag
Comments:17
Thread Kills:3(1%)
AATG Pts:90
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Interesting, I had this exact same problem, but assumed it was something to do with the fact that I didnít have my 360 online at the time, and that the clock must somehow be linked to the online aspect.

Did everyone get this issue then? If so that's a pretty major fault that didn't get picked up on much.
#2 at 19:58:50 - 11/10/2007
Khanivor
Flag
Comments:12
Thread Kills:28(8%)
AATG Pts:80
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
/guffaw
#3 at 20:04:41 - 11/10/2007
Legion
Flag
Comments:18
Thread Kills:54(3%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Heh! Stevas plays Groundhog Day, the game!
#4 at 22:20:46 - 11/10/2007
Carrybagma
Flag
Comments:34
Thread Kills:17(8%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Crazy game!
Crazy guy!
#5 at 22:31:40 - 11/10/2007
mcnulty
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:7(18%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
heh, I did that once. But only once.

Not five times.

/sniggers

:P
#6 at 00:11:00 - 12/10/2007
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
I *know*. Fuck me, I must be getting old.
In my defence, it wasn't like I did this every couple of days. There was sometimes a week or so between plays. Still... fuck me. I was beginning to think my gaming memory was playing tricks on me, in a "don't you remember? All games are like this. You have to start again every time you fire up Gradius, right?" kinda way. Holy good god.

Me: "There's... something not right."
Dave: "Yeah, I know. 50p for a packet of crisps? Damn fucking right there's something not right. Something very the hell not righ-"
Me: "No, I mean, with this game."
Dave: "It's too dark. There. NEXT PROBLEM: DIANA. Get the very fuck over it. Sorted. If the world needs anything else thought through I'll be in the fridge, getting a beer."
Me: "I know it's too dark, idiot-boy: I'm running the plasma in."
Dave: "Running it into where? A cave? With no light? You want a beer?"
Me: "Yeah. No. In the opposite order."
Dave: "Heads up." [drops cold beer in lap: twat] "You know, I know you need to have the contrast and everything turned down for a while, but have you perhaps thought about checking out the options in the game? Like... the brightness setting, perhaps? Just a thought, but: perhaps?"
Me: "Um..."
Dave: "And can I add at this juncture: idiot-boy?"
Me: "Okay, point taken. But there's still something very wrong."
Dave: "Reducing the price."
Me: "You what?"
Dave: "Of crisps. That's another one. Oh, you meant with the game."
Me: "Yes. I feel like I played this bit before. I know there's supposed to be backtracking, but... this early in the game? Fucking... just... GET SHOT ALREADY, WILL YOU?"
Dave: "Was that the tearing resulting in you shooting that vending machine when you were aiming for the splicer thing, or just your being shit?"
Me: "It's not the tearing."
Dave: "Ah."
Me: "It's the 'unsatisfying' combat, apparently."
Dave: "Quite."
Me: "Oh, for fu- look, here's the bit with the bloody telekinesis. I've done this bit before! I'm sure I have."
Dave: "Maybe you haven't, and you just picked up a 'prognostication' plasmid?"
Me: "The fuck? The very fuck? Like, I mean... no, just the very fuck?"
Dave: "Hang on: did you just select to continue, or did you actually select a save game?"
Me: "I... um... ... um."
Dave: [swigs beer] "Man, I love you. You sometimes make me feel so fucking intelligent, dude."

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
#7 at 12:18:51 - 12/10/2007
TwistidChimp
Flag
Comments:6
Thread Kills:7(8%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
:D HA, dont get me started on the bloddy save system from Bioshock. I had the exact same problem. Infact I replayed a section a couple of times cause I was convinced it hadn't saved my game. It infact had, but had stuck them down the bottom because of the shitty system clock problem. I mean ffs how much would it have cost MS to have had a battery that remembers the fucking date when you turn off the consoles power!?
#8 at 16:01:51 - 12/10/2007
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Bah ... did something stupid yesterday.
I was very low on petrol (light came on about 20 miles ago) so I pull in to fuel up. Fill the whole tank up (£57) and think to myself as I do it "Might as well fill it all the way up I'll be driving to Germany in 2.5 weeks time". Then as I drive off realise that:
a) I need to hand this car back in 9 days
b) I'm abroad for 5 of these 9 days

I can do about 450-500 miles with a full tank and I think I'll be lucky if I do 100 by the time I hand it back.

They normally do give you a 1/4 tank of fuel in the new car though still. I lose out on £40 or so.
DOH

/gets out map to plan last minute road trip for Saturday/Sunday
#9 at 17:35:54 - 16/10/2007
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Heh, I once put a tenner's worth of diesel in a car I had for one day. Not used to frugal cars is my problem...:D
#10 at 17:56:27 - 16/10/2007
Tiger_Walts
Flag
Comments:322
Thread Kills:67(4%)
AATG Pts:190
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Oblivion is just as bad. If you don't housekeep your saves then you'll end up with lots of them all ordered by system date.

When you sift through the list to find the save you want it takes ages as the game hasn't been written to browse through saves efficiently.

How fucking hard is it to let the first item of data in a savefile be an auto-number..?
#11 at 18:33:34 - 16/10/2007
Salaman
Flag
Comments:40
Thread Kills:88(7%)
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Tiger_Walts said:Oblivion is just as bad. If you don't housekeep your saves then you'll end up with lots of them all ordered by system date.

For a second or two I couldn't figure out how that relates to fuelling up your car.
I half expected "oblivion is just as bad, your horse eats xxx gold worth of hay and then dies."
#12 at 18:37:39 - 16/10/2007
Retroid
Flag
Comments:59
Thread Kills:147(4%)
AATG Pts:155
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Salaman said:
For a second or two I couldn't figure out how that relates to fuelling up your car.
I half expected "oblivion is just as bad, your horse eats xxx gold worth of hay and then dies."

:D

/Has started playing that again because of the freebie house download
#13 at 01:50:16 - 17/10/2007

home