Author Reply
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Anyone see it? Fascinating stuff. The human brain is a fascinating subject for me anyway, but the whole autism angle is strangely beautiful in itself: that is, to fully understand the complexities of the mathematical universe around us, you almost have to live in that universe and become unable to inhabit ours successfully. It's almost like you can wire the brain up so it understands and "sees" maths, but the closer you get to fully realising, the further away from our "reality" you get. Which is more "real", though? Ours is more tangible, I guess (to us), but it could be argued the mathematical universe is the more real. The eye can be tricked, numbers can't?

And I have to admit, the scene where the arogant one found out he hadn't got through was a supremely guilty pleasure.

Cock.

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
#1 at 17:43:41 - 15/10/2007
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
I saw it and that arrogant, cocky one? I work with a maths person just like him. Go in in the morning and say "morning" to himm and you get the response "I've already said that once today".

Maths geniuses tend to be a little strange.
#2 at 18:31:16 - 15/10/2007
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
And how did the very quiet one get a girlfriend? He speaks to no-one, looks at no-one and seems to be scared of his own shadow with no social skills whatsover.
#3 at 18:35:13 - 15/10/2007
Razz
Flag
Comments:37
Thread Kills:6(4%)
AATG Pts:70
Star Rating
You'd be surprised at the amount of woman that find that an endearing quality coupled with the fact that they have something special, a quirk.

There are times when I haven't been my usual chipper self and still seem to have a couple of new numbers in phone by the end of day.
#4 at 18:48:58 - 15/10/2007
Razz
Flag
Comments:37
Thread Kills:6(4%)
AATG Pts:70
Star Rating
You'd be surprised at the amount of woman that find that an endearing quality coupled with the fact that they have something special, a quirk.

There are times when I haven't been my usual chipper self and still seem to have a couple of new numbers in phone by the end of day.
#5 at 18:49:00 - 15/10/2007
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Never mind girlfriend, he somehow managed to go travelling around the far east for six months (or something). I'm surprised he's capable of getting on a bloody bus.

Honestly, though - the arrogant one was hilarious.

He actually DID say "you already said that once" in response to the interviewer congratulating him twice! Awesome.

I found myself wishing I was there when he found out his score to get through to camp, though (the one where he actually DID qualify). He was so smug, and it was only 16 out of 40!

"Now, I'm no maths genius, but even *I* know that 16 out of 40 is fucking rubbish. Hey... hey you're the maths genius... what percentage is that?"

FUCK YOU UBISOFT
#6 at 18:54:10 - 15/10/2007
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Stevas said:"Now, I'm no maths genius, but even *I* know that 16 out of 40 is fucking rubbish. Hey... hey you're the maths genius... what percentage is that?"

FUCK YOU UBISOFT

:oD
#7 at 19:46:25 - 15/10/2007

home