Flight Simulator X Deluxe - Acceleration

Author Reply
d0ugi3
Flag
Comments:18
Thread Kills:13(12%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Flight Simulator. 25 years this gaming enterprise has been on the shelves. Thats 10 years older than I am. And with the new installment in the series 'Flight Simulator X' and the Deluxe Edition, have made this series an unbeleivably realistic and even more fun. Yet the new title is the best by a great margin it still lacks in something. It lacks the speed and versatility that we all desire in a flying game, with the highest speed aircraft being those which carry hundreds of people and steer like a tank like a boeing 747 or an airbus a380 its just not fun. But now the clever guys at microsoft have come up with a clever plan, a new edition to tingle the senses and make the flight simulation experience even more great, even more versatile and smooth.
They have brought out the acceleration pack. This includes a Boeing F/A-18A Hornet, a fighter plane which goes faster than the speed of sound with an afterburner giving the effects as in those of real life, and also being able to take off an aircraft carrier at 100ft is a very nice feeling.
Another plane with the turning capabilities of an F1 car round a hairpin is P-51D Mustang, which is used like the Red Bull Airshow planes (The Extra 300S).
Both these addition are very welcomed as the choices become more varied and the fun made greater. Nothing can be much more as fun as travelling at 750+ knots over the Atlantic Ocean or maneuvering your way through a series of pylons trying to go as fast as you can without crashing.
Also a new Helicopter, the EH-101, lets you send down a hook to grab onto items with a load of 12,00 lbs, so trying to lift the American Allstar Football Team from New York to Las Vegas wont be a problem anymore.
Multi player is not dissapointing. In-fact it is more prefferable to the mission or free flight modes. The fun playing with people all over the world with virtually no lagging what-so-ever is a joy. Microsoft have not failed to make yet another top-class multiplayer format.
Although a bit late to write about it i still feel it needs to be written about as its brilliance should not go unnoticed.
All-in-all the game is very pleasing and you can lose yourself in hours and hours of fantastic fun filled flying to enthrall the senses and mesmerise the mind. =]

For anyone with Flight Simulator X, i hope you agree with me that it is a top notch game.

Thanks, d0ugi3.
#1 at 18:02:51 - 09/12/2007
lostsoul
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:2(2%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
I've been meaning to pick up FSX for a while now. With any luck there'll be a cheapish boxset containing both the main game and Accelerator soon.
#2 at 17:21:05 - 10/12/2007
Retroid
Flag
Comments:59
Thread Kills:147(4%)
AATG Pts:155
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
d0ugi3 said:
25 years this gaming enterprise has been on the shelves. Thats 10 years older than I am.

/Bursts into years
#3 at 17:54:42 - 10/12/2007
d0ugi3
Flag
Comments:18
Thread Kills:13(12%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Retroid said:
d0ugi3 said:
25 years this gaming enterprise has been on the shelves. Thats 10 years older than I am.

/Bursts into years

Do you not mean tears. I know that it s such sorrow but it is just a simple fact to make the post more enjoyable (excuse).

Well lost soul if you manage to pick up a pack you will love it. I tihnk in all it comes to around 65 pounds sterling if you but them separate (Thats the deluxe edition of FSX).
But if you manage to get it add me as d0ugi3 to your friends list and we can have a red bull air race competition.
And if you havent got a joystick i really recommend this website for gaming needs. Saitek controllers and software
#4 at 19:54:06 - 10/12/2007

home