Author Reply
strangeed
Flag
Comments:16
Thread Kills:36(5%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Hey AATG,

sorry a bit of a boring thread. I've been getting increasingly tempted by the xbox 360 in the last few months. I've been looking at bundles offered here (Belgium) and Germany, which are identical in price and offer. Comparing that with a quick glance at the UK seems to throw up a bit of a discrepancy.

According to my admittedly limited powers of price calculation, bundles and content are better and cheaper in the UK (at least from what I saw during a quick sweep). I had always thought the reverse. Certainly the Wii I bought for a friend two weeks ago was ever so slightly cheaper here.

The long and short is, I will be in the UK beginning of January, eliminating postal costs which, depending on the exchange rate, could make it very interesting. Anyone think there will be a price shift any time soon, making it worthwhile to wait longer than the January sales?

Sorry, very rambly.
#1 at 15:18:37 - 10/12/2007
Retroid
Flag
Comments:59
Thread Kills:147(4%)
AATG Pts:155
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
I'm not sure, probably not a price cutting but possibly slightly games more in bundles.
#2 at 15:25:16 - 10/12/2007
WOPR
Flag
Comments:45
Thread Kills:42(3%)
AATG Pts:0
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
If you're flying, bear in mind that a boxed 360 takes 3 people to lift.
#3 at 16:10:50 - 10/12/2007
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
There's possibly more competition in the UK as the 360 is rather popular so it's making shops compete with a bit of bundling.

Something to consider as well is that MS are obviously helping out this Christmas with the inclusion of Viva Piñata/Forza 2 (in a dual DVD case) and an extra controller with GAME and possibly others, so that makes it a bit more interesting.

This was one of the factors that got me to buy a new Arcade to go with the cheap 120gig drive I bought a while back, waiting for my 360 to get fixed was driving me nuts and at least I'll have an entire Premium to trade/sell off when it comes back.

As for it getting cheaper in January, I would doubt it really, there seems to be enough sales at current pricing and no real need to drop the price. However if there was going to be cheaper 360s in the sales I'd hazard a guess that it'll be the Elites that might get some money lopped off, they're a bit overpriced really.
#4 at 16:54:13 - 10/12/2007
strangeed
Flag
Comments:16
Thread Kills:36(5%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Cheers for those replies.

I'll certainly try and have a look in Game when I am over there beginning of January. First I need to find out if my TV supports 60hz. You see I can't justify buying a new TV at the moment, so it would have to be used on my old SDTV or an old crt monitor. Yes I know, I know sacrilege etc... but ah well, one step at a time.
#5 at 17:08:54 - 10/12/2007
Retroid
Flag
Comments:59
Thread Kills:147(4%)
AATG Pts:155
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
The 360 works rather well on monitors if you pick up a VGA cable, so it wouldn't be too sacrilegious! :D

@Whizzo: I didn't realise Forza 2 & Viva were in a dual case, hmm, I'm kind-of tempted by one of those £30 bundles with them and another controller but I suppose I'd have to trade in my existing copy of Viva (which I've actually never played myself, but should....) and probably the controller too for it to be sensible.
#6 at 18:18:19 - 10/12/2007

home