You come back home to see a package from DHL...

Author Reply
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
... and it's covered in yellow tape blaring 'REPACKAGED' at you. Do you:

a) Worry
b) Really worry
c) Break down crying

Fortunately the package was mainly books so I didn't quite come to tears (had it been figures or something a bit more breakable I'd have collapsed in the doorway), and there was really only slight superficial damage to a couple of items... but why can't these fucks just deliver a package without me having to worry about these things?! FedEx manage it pretty much every time.
#1 at 19:35:56 - 31/12/2007
pauleyc
Flag
Comments:14
Thread Kills:10(7%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
ilmaestro said:... but why can't these fucks just deliver a package without me having to worry about these things?!

Maybe because the DHL van drivers behave like homicidal maniacs on the road? Pretty much everytime I see a DHL van the driver plays either a) chicken (that American idiot high school variety) or b) Road Rash.

Once they mishandled a shipment of wine from a friend from abroad. "Repackaged" meant in that case a dripping cardboard box, stuffed into yet another cardboard box. Brilliant idea guys, should've put a car-freshener-pine inside for the smell, too...
#2 at 20:42:33 - 01/01/2008
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Heh, stunning performance as always.

As for stuff that they stick on after something has gone wrong etc. I remember receiving a parcel that had come through the Royal Mail with a form attached saying that the contents may have been tampered with - 'may have been' meaning that I received a ripped-open, completely empty packet. :D
#3 at 02:11:35 - 02/01/2008
billdoor
Flag
Comments:183
Thread Kills:158(4%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Parcel Farce delivered our new 37 inch telly before christmas. The bloke brought the box in and put it against the wall so Claire could get past it. By matter of coincidence, the side he put against the wall and so was out of sight, happened to be caved in so much the screen was cracked. It's a shame he didn't notice this when it was still in the van.
#4 at 08:56:48 - 02/01/2008

home