MS points buying shambles

Author Reply
boabg
Flag
Comments:13
Thread Kills:52(4%)
AATG Pts:65
Star Rating
Just a quick reminder to anyone who is thinking about buying MS points on the dash with your debit/CC cards. Make sure your personal information you enter when you created your Passport matches your bank/CC details.

What a shambles trying to get your account re-activated to buy MS points if it isn't. Two weeks later and after several hour-long telephone conversations I still can't buy points. I can't even use pre-paid points cards.

To make matters worse apparently it takes 72 hours before some lackey clicks the button to "enable" your account again and because I didn't phone them back to tell them it still wasn't working they just assumed it was.

Who enters their real name and address when setting up a Hotmail account anyway?
#1 at 10:41:15 - 12/02/2008
Retroid
Flag
Comments:59
Thread Kills:147(4%)
AATG Pts:155
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
boabg said:
I can't even use pre-paid points cards.

:o

Now, that is a shitter. How on earth does that work? O_o

Who enters their real name and address when setting up a Hotmail account anyway?

/Waves from imaginary address in Boston, Mass.
#2 at 14:19:06 - 12/02/2008
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Crumbs, that is a weird one, boabg. MS really have made some significant fuck ups along the way to their relatively impressive current position, haven't they?
#3 at 02:11:13 - 13/02/2008
strangeed
Flag
Comments:16
Thread Kills:36(5%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Yeah I found that out the hard way too. I still can't use MS Points either. I've changed my hotmail settings but it still thinks my post code for my credit card address should be in the UK. aarrgghhh

#4 at 09:57:01 - 13/02/2008
boabg
Flag
Comments:13
Thread Kills:52(4%)
AATG Pts:65
Star Rating
Ooh it gets better. I got a phone call yesterday with the guy on the other end of the phone saying he was just about to send an email to the team who would unlock the account which could take another 36 hours.

Thanks. Why not phone me when it's done then? Oh wait, I know. Because that phonecall takes the resposibility out of your hands and puts it back into mine to phone you up when it doesn't work. Again.
#5 at 11:37:49 - 13/02/2008

home