Author Reply
Trip SkyWay
Flag
Comments:539
Thread Kills:77(4%)
AATG Pts:175
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Hope this isn't too spam like, if it is I'll delete it.

I've been messing around with integrating a Flash navigation idea, with Word Press and got something working. The idea being you can compare short reviews by the same Reviewer/Publisher/score etc.
You can click on any of the fields on each review panel. There's history buttons and a centre button top left.

Credit00.net

It's only a hobby site but if anyone fancied writing reviews to fill the database up a bit and test it I'd be well happy. There's a flash file for filling in the fields here, if you could mail the exported result to me at tripskyway [at] hotmail [dot] com that'd be great.

Feedback and bugs please :)
#1 at 10:39:54 - 04/04/2008
pauleyc
Flag
Comments:14
Thread Kills:10(7%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
That's a very impressive site, excellent effort. I especially like the navigation (requires more involvement than other sites but has a nice feel to it, the scrolling is very smooth) and the colour palette.

As for bugs - the only ones I can see are: no "PC" category among the filter buttons and selectable arrow sections (there's also no Xbox 360 category there).

Anyway - most impressive!
#2 at 16:02:23 - 04/04/2008
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
I like the style and design a lot, clean and simple looking and easy to read.

The only way I can scroll down the page is by clicking on one of the lower down items or clicking and dragging the entire column. Is it supposed to only be possible that way? (Mac Opera browser).
#3 at 03:05:21 - 05/04/2008
Trip SkyWay
Flag
Comments:539
Thread Kills:77(4%)
AATG Pts:175
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Thanks for the feedback fellas.
@pauleyc
I need to add more filters in you're right, that whole navigation bar needs some sorting out.

@micro_explosion
Yeah it's currently the only way to scroll the content. Dynamically resizing the flash file based on how much content might be a bit of a headache so I opted to get rid of the browser scroll bars and maximise the file to the users browser window. Would a click and scroll method like on the Wii browser be better?

I imagine that there'll be more usability issues as it fills up a bit with content.
#4 at 06:36:23 - 05/04/2008

home