Author Reply
dirigiblebill
Flag
Comments:105
Thread Kills:4(2%)
AATG Pts:135
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
In a nutshell, the videogame version of Seven Samurai. And now they're putting it on the PSP. Kindly check this shit out.

You're this swordsman chap who wanders into a mountain village divided between several NPC factions. As in Dead Rising, you have three (in-game) days to explore the area. Pick a side, slaughter at whim or simply chat to the local floozies - the choice is yours.

The combat is best described as a stripped-down version of Kengo's - all the red-hot bushido authenticity with none of the intimidating entry threshold. When you block, you can tilt the stick to push back your opponent's sword or pull away to throw him off balance. New moves are learned automatically once you fulfil certain conditions, and there are dozens of different swords (and stances) to experiment with.

If Allah is merciful, there will be a US/UK release.
#1 at 22:24:32 - 16/09/2008
quedex
Flag
Comments:171
Thread Kills:49(3%)
AATG Pts:90
Star Rating
Not entirely sure I understand what's happening there, but it looks interesting. Hopefully it's not too story heavy.

Chasing the links through, it looks like this is one of a series of existing PS2 and 3 games. I might have to hunt one of those down to try as well.
#2 at 22:36:28 - 16/09/2008
dirigiblebill
Flag
Comments:105
Thread Kills:4(2%)
AATG Pts:135
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
It's as story-heavy as you want it to be, generally :) and yes, it was originally a PS2 title. Avoid the (apparently stinky) second iteration.
#3 at 22:43:20 - 16/09/2008
Kay
Flag
Comments:342
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:160
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Ah, I remember this from one of the PS2 'cult classics' articles on EG. Sounded good there, so this PSP port is very welcome, assuming the controls have translated well.

K
#4 at 13:28:32 - 17/09/2008

home