Author Reply
blizeH
Flag
Comments:27
Thread Kills:30(4%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
So, another debate tonight then!

Seems like the Tories and Labour have already gone all out to try and attack the Lib Dems, I imagine tonight will be more of the same...

Anyone actually going to watch it? I found the last one a bit dull in honesty, especially with so many dull and predictable responses. I don't even know what channel it's on.
#1 at 12:11:26 - 22/04/2010
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Probably won't bother but the farce that's going on in the gutter press at the moment is just a joke.

Just surprised that no one rounded on the Lib Dems / Nick Clegg for not picking up all the pieces of paper / litter in their party election broadcast.

British politics is, as ever, a fucking twisted morass of deceit and I doubt it'll ever be any different. In fact I'll make an early prediction that because of voter apathy, Brown will get back in and see it as a ringing endorsement by the British electorate that they really really *wuv* 'im, the gimp-eyed twat.
#2 at 12:21:53 - 22/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
My friend just said that Clegg got utterly destroyed on Radio One last night, and by contrast Brown got a very easy ride with lots of fairly easy to answer, generic questions.

My mate said to me the other day "the debates mean absolutely nothing anyway, the election will be won by the media" which sounds about right to be honest.
#3 at 12:27:08 - 22/04/2010
oneiros
Flag
Comments:78
Thread Kills:41(3%)
AATG Pts:95
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Sky are hosting it, but I believe it will also be broadcast on the BBC News channel.

Last week's debate was very dull and all rather pointless IMO. The sixty second window for responses, and the way the presenter kept butting in (even if the speaker was just a few words short of finishing a sentence) made it less of a debate and more of a chain of soundbites. It became all about personalities, and that's why Clegg 'won'; I think we'll see the others agree with very little that he says tonight.
#4 at 12:29:31 - 22/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
Indeed, should be quite different to the last one where Brown started every single fucking sentence with "Well I agree with Nick..."

Also a different host could be good for the show. Like you said he gave them far too little time, and any time it got even slightly interesting and things got slightly heated, he stopped them and moved onto the next thing, boo!
#5 at 12:31:17 - 22/04/2010
oneiros
Flag
Comments:78
Thread Kills:41(3%)
AATG Pts:95
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
blizeH said:
Indeed, should be quite different to the last one where Brown started every single fucking sentence with "Well I agree with Nick..."

At one point he also said something like "I'm sure Nick will agree with me..." and I could just imagine Clegg thinking "Don't be so presumptuous, fatboy." ;)
#6 at 12:39:27 - 22/04/2010
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
blizeH said:...The election will be won by the media" which sounds about right to be honest.

Spot on. There's a fairly good chance that the majority of the "thick tabloid reading" voters will just pick whoever comes across best on telly or on radio anyway, they could have the worst policies in the world and it wouldn't make any difference.

Sort of why I think the only way Brown will get in is because of voter apathy.
#7 at 12:46:42 - 22/04/2010
JimJam
Flag
Comments:189
Thread Kills:162(6%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
oneiros said:
blizeH said:

At one point he also said something like "I'm sure Nick will agree with me..." and I could just imagine Clegg thinking "Don't be so presumptuous, fatboy." ;)

The likelihood of a hung parliament is pretty high this time apparently - it's just an exercise in arse-kissing Clegg and getting his support in the Commons.
#8 at 17:11:04 - 22/04/2010
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
We think we've got it bad. Not compared to Burma we haven't : Myanmar General Election 2010
#9 at 17:37:09 - 22/04/2010
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Why do we actually need politicians? I mean, really, other than lying to us, lying to each other, looking like total and utter cuntfaced cockends on the telly, stealing money under some blanket term which sort of half-arsedly legitimises it (see "expenses" scandal), and passing laws that make no fucking sense, are impractical, ill-considered - or just end up being ignored anyway - what do they even fucking do?

Or have I completely missed the point and pretty much listed their job description?

I swear if one of these cunts knocks on my door asking for my vote I'm just upping and punching the cunt right the fuck out before he can get to the word "count".
#10 at 18:16:06 - 22/04/2010
Espad
Flag
Comments:148
Thread Kills:20(1%)
AATG Pts:110
Star Rating
Tonights episode of The Daily Show has a very funny piece comparing our election debate with theirs, worth a watch.
#11 at 18:22:14 - 22/04/2010
Stevas
Flag
Comments:260
Thread Kills:39(2%)
AATG Pts:195
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Perhaps I was a little harsh in my last post.

They're all utter, utter, utter, utter, total and utter, fucking utter - totally utterly and completely - utter cunts; I hope every single one of them dies of a new form of cancerous aids that hasn't even been created yet, on account of Pestilence himself thinking it's possibly a step too far, and isn't so sure even he can be that much of a cunt to the human race.

Yes, even you, the one sitting there saying, "but I'm only in this because I want to make a difference! Because I thought I could make things better!"
You're lying, you cunt. You're lying to yourself, because you're a cunt, and you don't even realise it. How do I know? Because you decided to go into politics. You might as well have tatooed CUNT across your forehead.

Sorry, I don't make the rules.

No, wait, the other thing. Not harsh enough. Yes. Always with the getting those two mixed up, I am.

/Wonders if this page stands a chance of hitting the top of a google search for "politician cunts"

Probably not, I'd say.
#12 at 18:29:23 - 22/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
Yeah, I don't like any of them, at all. Gonna switch back to the footy I think!
#13 at 23:15:30 - 22/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
Drama!

Oh, and another debate tomorrow night. Anyone going to watch it?

Gordon Brown in HD, amazing.
#14 at 18:46:50 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:2(3%)
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
Is he not just a cunt in HD?
#15 at 20:38:58 - 28/04/2010
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
He's not the sort of cunt I'm used to seeing up close and in HD.

Also, PRAWNKING \o/
#16 at 20:50:43 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
and not the sort you would wish to see either.

I really should visit here more :)
#17 at 20:53:02 - 28/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
They should go one better and do it on 3D. Seeing Tony Pulis and Dave Kitson in 3D the other day was a real highlight of my life. Amazing stuff.

Back on topic, jesus christ, I've been switching between ITV and BBC for the past half an hour or so, I'm not kidding when I say I've seen the facepalm about 19 times, the lady's look of horror about 10 times, and heard that same quote over on repeat at least that too. Crazy stuff. I'm not particularly bothered either way by the comments personally, he's a bit of an idiot clearly but I don't think it's the end of the world.

The way he was smiling when he came out of her house though? Christ, what a c**t. Sorry but I hated that.
#18 at 21:00:06 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
Whenever he smiles he looks like a smug cunt, he just can't help it.
#19 at 21:08:25 - 28/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
Yeah same here. I was okay until I saw that!

I think this is more of a disaster for Labour than most people realise; millions of people have concerns about immigration, generally unfounded to be fair, but now they know that Labour (or Gordon Brown at least) has contempt for them.

How many people vote Labour that do it without really thinking about it, because it's the way their family votes? Because they didn't think they had an option? Well I imagine we'll see a big swing of those kinds of people moving away now.
#20 at 21:18:54 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
I think the concerns around immigration tend to be around those who don't come over here to work.

I know those that do come to work, and also given the nature of my job, I notice the ones who don't.

To say everything is fine and dandy with immigration, is just as bad as saying it is all wrong.
#21 at 21:31:10 - 28/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
No doubt - I think that's part of the real problem for Labour here too. The views and thoughts of that lady are probably quite common for other people of her age and situation or whatever.

Also to talk about her like he did, after previously being so pally and complimentary of her, just shows GOrdon in a really, really awful light.
#22 at 21:35:02 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
The question could possibly have been phrased better, I think it is bit unfair for her to be labelled bigoted and racist.

From reading EG, you would think she was the bastard offspring of Nick Griffin and Jade Goody (God rest her soul).

When you consider how some of the media portrays immigration, and lets face it, a 66 year old woman, is more likely to be reading newspapers than surfing the net, is it any wonder she asked the question in the manner she did.

#23 at 21:40:06 - 28/04/2010
Micro_Explosion
Flag
Comments:83
Thread Kills:129(4%)
AATG Pts:220
Star Rating
Silver Medal
I've never understood why someone votes for a party just because they always have. I'm pretty sure it defeats the whole purpose of a democracy if all you ever do is repeat history rather than thinking for yourself.

Bigoted is a very harsh view of what she said; misguided, untactful, misinformed, shortsighted, selfish, wrong, narrow-minded maybe. Bigoted? Less so.
#24 at 21:48:32 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
Previously, and this is going back many years, the parties stood for completely different things.

Labour would be the working class party, Tories the middle / upper class party, so the whole I vote party X was more understandable.

As time as gone on the differences have become less clear so yes voting on the basis of history is a bit pointless nowadays.

#25 at 22:24:44 - 28/04/2010
blizeH
Flag
Star Rating
Indeed, I think there's probably still a fairly considerable amount of people stuck in that mentality though, people around the age of that lady who was involved in all of this earlier, and people who will probably be swayed by it
#26 at 22:42:44 - 28/04/2010
prawnking
Flag
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
It depends on memories as well, Otto recalls the Thatcher years with disgust and disdain, and would never vote Tory, my dad on the other hand, remembers the Labour government prior to that and the Winter of discontent etc, so would never vote Labour.

In both cases you can't hold the current incumbents responsible.
#27 at 22:51:04 - 28/04/2010
JimJam
Flag
Comments:189
Thread Kills:162(6%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
blizeH said:The way he was smiling when he came out of her house though? Christ, what a c**t. Sorry but I hated that.

And no-one's seen her since. She's under the patio and replaced by a labour-voting double....
#28 at 00:38:25 - 29/04/2010
HairyArse
Flag
Comments:1774
Thread Kills:127(2%)
AATG Pts:350
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Is anyone else wondering what all the furore is about? That woman clearly was a bigot. And probably a racist one at that.
#29 at 10:44:47 - 29/04/2010
peej
Flag
Star Rating
Gold Medal
HairyArse said:Is anyone else wondering what all the furore is about? That woman clearly was a bigot. And probably a racist one at that.

The furore is all about the fact that Brown presents one face publicly, and quite a different one separately. Regardless of the woman actually being a bigot and a racist, and probably needing a fucking reality check, you really don't go saying so till you know you're well out of the way of the microphones :)

It'll probably do Brown more harm than good, but anyone who doesn't believe that politicians do this sort of shit every time they have to kiss a puke-smelling baby or press someone's sweaty palm is deluding themselves.
#30 at 10:47:28 - 29/04/2010

home