Author Reply
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
GAME did the biz in getting my Homefront a day early and after 4.5 hours on the default difficulty (switching that isn't obvious) I had completed the single player, it was short but there's some good stuff in it and as a warm up for the main MP event I liked it. There's certainly some replayability in it for the achievement hunters and for the dedicated there's an Ironman achievement for each of the six levels where you have to complete them without dying, I got that on the first level at least!

Anyway after that it was time to jump into some MP and I played a few rounds of TDM (ground control is unlocked as well but the battle commander requires some levelling), it's a lot of fun.Very Frontlines (for obvious reasons) and probably pitched at 60/40 Battlefield/CoD. I didn't have any problems getting into games so THQ has obviously increased their number of servers and I was playing with some Septics in a couple of matches so lag doesn't seem to be a factor.

I did smile as someone said "they're in the Hooters again." Seeing real life locations like White Castle or Hooters in a game like this is quite strange, I didn't see Harold or Kumar at White Castle unfortunately.

So, in summary, I like this quite a bit.
#1 at 10:31:32 - 18/03/2011
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Hmm, I was expecting a little more meat to the story in this game with all the set-up and presentation it has, but my buddy had said that he got virtually through it during the gaps in the racing at Cheltenham yesterday. Didn't realize it was multi-player focused. :-/
#2 at 11:09:49 - 18/03/2011
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
It probably has a substantial single player narrative....which was strip mined out for DLC.

Otherwise they really did try to nail the Call of Duty beating idea of making it more of a multiplayer experience.

Had a preorder in but canned it on the strength of early reviews criticising the lack of longevity for SP so I'll be waiting till it's a tenner.
#3 at 14:32:01 - 18/03/2011
repairmanjack
Flag
Comments:206
Thread Kills:94(2%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Is this, you know, working online yet? Frontlines was great fun when it came out, it really feels like the devs have shot themselves in the foot here.

I've bought the Vietnam expansion of Battlefield to tide me over. Anyone here play it much now?
#4 at 21:55:01 - 06/04/2011
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Homefront has always worked online, doing it with a party of friends was hit and miss to start and it's been disabled until it's fixed.

I fire up Homefront and get in full games every time and I'm still enjoying it. In fact I think it's time to do that now.

Not played Vietnam for a while but I enjoy it, just a pity the choppers are made of papier mache.
#5 at 23:02:41 - 06/04/2011
LarryBong
Flag
Comments:17
Thread Kills:8(3%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
repairmanjack said:
I've bought the Vietnam expansion of Battlefield to tide me over. Anyone here play it much now?

I picked it up in the sale this week so will be looking to play some games in the near future.
#6 at 12:21:27 - 07/04/2011
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
#7 at 21:20:07 - 20/05/2011

home