Author Reply
frod
Flag
Comments:102
Thread Kills:35(3%)
AATG Pts:130
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
ilmaestro said:So what were the games that people ended up most impressed by?

project cars delights me every time I see newer footage ( http://www.gamersyde.com/download_project_cars_ps4_gameplay_60_fps_-32343_en.html ). Very little else impressed me technically, and many of the games show were just sequels. Unfortunately E3 outside of Nintendo is mostly useless to me now, most interesting stuff is not being made by big E3-visiting publishers.
#421 at 20:54:15 - 15/06/2014
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Edge report on the 'alternative E3' Horizon conference (http://www.edge-online.com/news/e3-2014s-horizon-conference-an-oasis-of-serene-beauty-amid-the-hyperbole/.). Definitely some interesting stuff on show, although the Edge report is a little generous in places - Quadrilateral Cowboy for instance has lots of nice ideas but also looked like the process of working through the roles of all the characters might get a bit laborious over time, whilst Mountain was charmingly presented but it's not actually clear where the gameplay really comes from.

Still, there were lots of interesting ideas on show - certainly more than in many of the mainstream conferences, and I have to say I do prefer the 'dev fumbling with his AV connections whilst trying to introduce himself' presentational style to the more slick and polished offerings seen elsewhere, though that might just be personal preference.
#422 at 22:47:53 - 15/06/2014
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
I dunno. I like the "slick, professional" shows because it's so funny when someone says something stupid. Feels harsh laughing at the indie guy struggling with the projector. ^^;

frod - yeah, I only watched some Project CARS coverage yesterday, and was blown away by the trailers. Very impressed that it's coming out this year.
#423 at 02:41:54 - 16/06/2014
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Espad said:
Whizzo said:Rainbow Six is BACK!
Finally!

THIS! ^^^

Was anyone else surprised/impressed that this was a real game they were letting people play, rather than being totally mocked up?
#424 at 10:47:01 - 20/06/2014

home
Left