What game should I play next?

Author Reply
Bremenacht
Flag
Comments:38
Thread Kills:7(5%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
So, I've finished Batman:AC goty main storyline. I'm part way through ICO (why am I not loving it?). I'm an endgame away from finishing XCOM on CI. Also unfinished:

Fez
Viva Pinata
Halo Anniversary
God War collection
Demon's Souls
Torchlight
Hotline Miami
Secret of Monkey Island

Stuff I've not even started:

Metriod Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
GRAW2
Vanquish
Resistance 2
MGS4
Shadow of the Collosus

plus Steam stuff like

Tropico 3
Hearts of Iron III
Psychonauts
Sid Meier's Pirates
The Dig
Men of War
Loom
Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light
The Binding of Isaac
Earth 2160
Sine Mora

As the thread title suggests, what do you think I should play next?
#1 at 19:12:06 - 02/01/2013
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Good grief, you could spend the next year in an isolation tank playing games and being fed from a drip and still not get through that lot. :)

Personally these days I try to finish stuff I've started before moving on to other games - shame you're not loving Ico but it's only about 4-5 hours long so you might want to just give it an evening just to get it out of the way. My pick would then be Demon's Souls - it'll be hard to stick with when you've got so much else to play (if you're anything like me you'll hit a number of sticking points that make you want to give up) - although obviously this would be an error, as it's one of the finest games of this generation. :)
#2 at 20:03:00 - 02/01/2013
Dragul
Flag
Comments:75
Thread Kills:47(6%)
Star Rating
Neko is right, finish the ones you already started. Finish Ico and then go to something else, I would go like this:

God of War Collection (1 or 2?), finish one of the episodes.
Halo Anniversary
Secret of monkey island
and then Demon Souls

Well, thats how I would do anyway...
#3 at 23:42:42 - 02/01/2013
Bremenacht
Flag
Comments:38
Thread Kills:7(5%)
Star Rating
nekotcha said:Good grief, you could spend the next year in an isolation tank playing games and being fed from a drip and still not get through that lot. :)

It's embarrassing! Thankfully, I've managed to kick the ridiculous habit of buying 'bargains' which I then don't have time to play. Even more thankfully, only Bioshock Infinite looks particularly tempting over the next year. And maybe Company of Heroes 2..

Ok. Finishing XCOM CI and ICO seems like the best plan, seeing as both will be short. Maybe Halo next.

Maybe Demon's Souls next, maybe. I didn't really get it first time around but Dark Souls eventually clicked, so maybe Demon's Souls will click too. I just didn't like the black/white business. Maybe I'll flip a coin between this and SMG2 instead.

Thankee, chaps.
#4 at 00:23:02 - 03/01/2013
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Bremenacht said:
Maybe Demon's Souls next, maybe. I didn't really get it first time around but Dark Souls eventually clicked, so maybe Demon's Souls will click too. I just didn't like the black/white business. Maybe I'll flip a coin between this and SMG2 instead.

You don't actually have to pay attention to the Black/White stuff at all. There's a few places you can only go when tendency is one or the other but mostly you can get on and enjoy the game whilst ignoring it completely.

Damn. Making me want to go back to it now. :) (Haven't quite finished it - think I've got just a couple of bosses to go).

Oh, and Mario Galaxy 2 is also marvellous, although I realise I'm not exactly helping by saying that. I wasn't that fussed about Metroid Prime 3 - still a very well put together game but not nearly as good as Prime 1 (and, to a lesser extent, Prime 2) in my opinion.
#5 at 11:49:53 - 03/01/2013
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Comments:43
Thread Kills:25(2%)
AATG Pts:75
Star Rating
I'm going to surprise no one by seconding the Demon's Souls recommendation. So good.
#6 at 10:39:17 - 04/01/2013

home