Author Reply
blizeH
Flag
Comments:27
Thread Kills:30(4%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
nekotcha said:
The thing I liked most about the story is the way the gameplay and the narrative intertwine, particularly with the neat twists on the gameplay right at the end of the game.

Yeah, this was my favourite part - it was so well done!

And agreed about the game's length too, for me it was pretty much perfect and we were able to complete it in a couple of sessions. There was no padding/filler at all, and the game flowed really nicely. Wish more games were like this!
#31 at 11:31:15 - 11/08/2014
nekotcha
Flag
Comments:175
Thread Kills:38(2%)
AATG Pts:140
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Yes, I read the Eurogamer review for Brothers last night and I actually disagree with them that there wasn't enough made of the gameplay concept and that it got a bit repetitive - I actually think there were quite a few nice in there that weren't explored to anything like their fullest extent, such as the awesomely tense section with the flaming torch, the bit where you're negotiating a maze carrying that long bar, and the roped-together section (which they admittedly made pretty good use of, but I could think of loads more interesting scenarios to use it in).

But that's probably the designer in me more than anything else, and overall, as I said, I really appreciated the game at the size it was. Between the interesting game ideas and the wonderful ending it really is a very fine game, definitely one of the best I've played on the 360.
#32 at 15:51:33 - 11/08/2014
blizeH
Flag
Comments:27
Thread Kills:30(4%)
AATG Pts:60
Star Rating
The flaming torch? I can't remember that bit for some reason. The roped together bit was nicely done, we played it through together (sharing a controller) so it was extra tense and required some really good co-ordination between us.

Agreed that this is one of the best games on 360.
#33 at 12:22:21 - 12/08/2014

home
Left