Author Reply
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
The best AC game since Brotherhood and a definite return to form for the series. This is basically a pirate game that is set in the AC universe but isn't weighed down by all that Animus/Templars/Assassins baggage of the previous games.

I'm loving it and have hardly scratched the surface of the story. Once I got command of the Jackdaw I took to the high seas in search of booty and plunder! You get a great sense of exploration sailing the waters of the Caribbean and coupled with the ship battles provides much more variety to the gameplay than just free-running round yet another historical city. The main charcter (Edward Kenway) is just as charismatic as the legendary Ezio Auditore da Firenze which is a definite plus point for me.

It looks fantastic on the PS4 especially the weather effects. It is strange how something as simple as seeing the foliage of trees and bushes being blown by the wind can make a game feel so much more real.

I'd definitely recommend Black Flag whether you are a fan of the AC games or not. Hopefully Ubisoft will make another pirate themed game as it looks like the next AC game (Unity) for the PS4, Xbox One and PC is a return to 'classic' AC gameplay of being set in a city, namely Paris.
#1 at 21:39:18 - 30/03/2014
eliza86
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:1(20%)
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
While Black Flag feels very much like an Assassin's Creed game, its gameplay reminds me more of Sid Meier's Pirates! wrought in glorious 3D. As in that classic game, you are free to sail wherever your heart desires, and be as dastardly or as benign as you like. Embodying Edward Kenway and living through his adventures on the seas, while also experiencing his struggle with Assassins and Templars alike, is pure escapist delight.
#2 at 13:22:24 - 15/08/2014

home