Author Reply
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
The prison was pretty easy, the guards seem to need to visit SpecSavers and there's plenty of cover.

The escape was a bit tricky though, that took a couple of goes to throw off the Chicago PD.

The prison in Wolfenstein is quite tricky though on "I am death incarnate!"
#31 at 19:34:07 - 12/07/2014
eliza86
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:1(20%)
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
An overhyped game that has yet to actually showcase "next-gen" capabilities.

I say "has yet" because maybe they'll do a Crysis 2 and actually update the (PC) game to look at least close to what it looked like at its E3 showing. Right now it's barely better than Saints Row 4, and that's mostly because of Realism V.s. Stylized.

Other than that it's your standard gta clone with an environmental interaction gimmick via the phone and an Ass Creed-like upgrade system.

Also, going by Totalbiscuit's mentions of the game's performance on his God-Tier PC, the game is poorly optimized and most pcs are probably going to have trouble just on mid-range settings. Which I can confirm on my decent but not super amazing PC. If a consistently high framerate (60 fps) is something you want, you're unlikely to get it.
#32 at 14:28:59 - 14/08/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
New patch lets you hack your friends, a feature that should have been in the game from day one. The patch also lets you reset all the side missions after you have finished the story.

Just finished off act 2. I'm not a fan of instant fail stealth missions but at least the checkpoints in this are very generous so there isn't too much backtracking. There has definitely been a shift in the tone of the missions in this act. Most seem to end up in confrontation with less emphasis on using your hacking skills to obtain required info undetected. Good job the combat in Watch Dogs is fantastic. Unlocked a new line of side missions now so it will be a while before I actually polish off the story!

Anybody that passed on this over the whole uproar over the graphics is missing out on one of the best open world games going.
#33 at 16:18:27 - 22/08/2014
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
I think Watch Dogs is definitely the closest any other developer has come to putting a dent in one of GTA's best features, the cop chase. There were times in Watch Dogs where the game really forced you to get to know the city in order to make a decent escape.

I liked the skills tree - because the more effort you put into particular skills, the more it paid off in stuff like gun fights and cop chases.

I think the only request I'd make for the sequel would be to drop the insta-death stealth entirely (my least fave bit), sort the hacking puzzle-game elements out a bit (and ditch the timed puzzles, they sucked) - and introduce a little more variety in the missions.

Pretty much still one of my gaming highlights of the year though, definitely did not disappoint.
#34 at 10:42:35 - 26/08/2014
James_Howell
Flag
Comments:0
Thread Kills:7(50%)
AATG Pts:
Star Rating
This game literally dazzled me the first time I played it - superb graphics and the sheer amount of detailing is just mind-boggling. What's more, the way Aiden can black out the immediate area around him with the help of his smartphone, root his way into CCTV networks and his 'focus' ability which slows down time and gives you an advantage in car chases and gun battles -- I feel this game is one of its kind. Phew!
#35 at 08:05:25 - 10/12/2014
peej
Flag
Comments:4691
Thread Kills:462(3%)
AATG Pts:400
Star Rating
Gold Medal
Hoping that the sequel isn't a Ubi bug-fest tbh, there's so much potential for it to really ramp up what Aiden can do and how the city can be hacked.

Definitely one of the gaming highlights of my year.
#36 at 12:15:58 - 10/12/2014

home
Left