So I bought a PS4

Author Reply
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Comments:43
Thread Kills:25(2%)
AATG Pts:75
Star Rating
It was only a matter of time - a decent Watch Dogs bundle pushed me over the edge for some reason.

In any case, I've never really bothered with online gaming on my PS3 or Vita, meaning I have one PSN friend /waves at Sil/. Through Sil I've added a few of you - please do add me if I've missed you. Thanks!

Now to find games worth playing....anything I may have missed?

#1 at 22:24:30 - 30/05/2014
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Hello! An excellent choice. You can add me - stray_dog_renji (possibly with spaces instead of underscores, possibly with neither spaces nor underscores, I can never remember >_>)

Games worth playing... depends if you've already played stuff like MGS:GZ or AC4 on other platforms already I guess.
#2 at 01:04:11 - 31/05/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Cheers, I've sent a request. Nice pic :-)

I was actually toying with the idea of buying MGS:GZ again but need to exercise some self-restraint! So far, I've checked out Watch Dogs and Outlast.

How's Transistor? Edit: just saw your opinion in the other thread.
#3 at 08:57:12 - 31/05/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
inFAMOUS Second Son is well worth getting. The boss battles weren't to my liking but the open world section of the game plays and looks outstanding. Killzone Shadow Fall is a fantastic fps and another great looking game. If you liked KZ2, KZ3 or Mercenaries on the Vita then you will love this. Online is meant to be good too but I haven't tried it.

Like ilmaestro said if you haven't already played AC4 Black Flag and Freedom Cry already then they are a must buy. Best AC games by a long way and look great on the PS4.

Wolfenstein is also meant to be really good. I haven't played it myself but it has got some good reviews and a lot of love on the EG forum. It definitely looks very slick at 1080p/60fps.

Battlefield 4 and NFS are both good fun. FIFA 14 is big step up over the PS3/360 game both in terms of graphics and gameplay.

I suppose it goes without saying that you should be getting the Last of Us Remastered when it comes out in the summer. Utter, utter class game. My personal all time favourite.

My last recommendation is the most obvious one for me, all the LEGO games (Hobbit, Marvel, Movie). All the great gameplay with 1080p graphics, no slow down and no load times. I love all the LEGO games and now we have Batman 3 on its way later this year.
#4 at 10:45:14 - 31/05/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Cheers Sil.

I picked up Killzone today for the equivalent of 20 quid, so I was pleased with that - I seem to remember reviews being lukewarm, but I played through the first large level and thought it was pretty fantastic: the kind of pacing I like in a FPS, plenty of interesting gadgets to vary the gameplay. It doesn't hurt that the level looks gorgeous. So, yes, I'm pretty content with that purchase. It says I need an update for online but I can't seem to find how to do that right now. Any clues?

I've also been playing Outlast - I downloaded it a while back (for free iirc). I've just had to stop playing as I got too frightened hiding in a locker in a flooded basement looking to turn an electricity generator on. I'm not made of the stern stuff I used to be made of.

I plan to pick up infamous at some point soon - maybe once the price has dropped a bit.

One thing I should praise is the controller - very comfortable and easy. All in all, this is a seriously nice console: just needs a few more really robust titles.
#5 at 14:51:18 - 31/05/2014
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Sil really has covered everything worthwhile I can think of, apart from maybe mentioning Resogun and also saying check out which of the cross-buy games you already own (flOw, Flower, Escape Plan, Fez, can't remember which others are).

I really am strongly recommending Transistor after playing it some more.
#6 at 22:02:50 - 31/05/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
@Flex

You might want to get yourself a set of these Thumb Grips for the Dual Shock 4. Some people were complaining of the rubber breaking off the top of the thumb sticks after extended use. I wasn't going to take the chance so I got myself a set just to be on the safe side.
#7 at 15:55:55 - 01/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Cheers Sil, that's a decent tip - will need to try to track them down here. Rubber broke off my first PS3 controller.
#8 at 13:15:07 - 02/06/2014

home