Author Reply
repairmanjack
Flag
Comments:206
Thread Kills:94(2%)
AATG Pts:240
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Out on Friday; variable routes and objectives; killcam improved and also includes vehicle decimation; less linear; longer range kills.

Come on, the last one was great! No interest?
#1 at 21:11:22 - 23/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Comments:43
Thread Kills:25(2%)
AATG Pts:75
Star Rating
I think you know the answer to that question. The only thing to decide is what platform to get it on. Seems hard to justify buying it for PS4.
#2 at 08:10:36 - 24/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
360 for co-op?
#3 at 22:52:02 - 24/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Yes, definitely leaning towards 360.
#4 at 08:13:51 - 25/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Well, the good news is it'll be here tomorrow.

The bad news is: so will my wife's friends from Germany.

Could be a conversation stopper...
#5 at 17:44:31 - 25/06/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Comments:127
Thread Kills:46(3%)
AATG Pts:150
Star Rating
Silver Medal
repairmanjack said:Well, the good news is it'll be here tomorrow.

The bad news is: so will my wife's friends from Germany.

Just play Wolfenstein The New Order instead ;-)
#6 at 21:20:12 - 25/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Tutorial done... OMFG, it's still awesome.

Killcam seems similar, so far, possibly slightly bloodier. Vehicle cam works really well, even on the old 360. Didn't realise it now had an XP system, lots of things to unlock, stealth is a viable option, loads of kit to play with. Unlocks and secrets on each level.

Seems like the long shots of the first game will be much more de rigeur... In short, won't be picking up Watchdogs for the time being, as this is going to own my time.
#7 at 15:43:53 - 26/06/2014
ilmaestro
Flag
Comments:421
Thread Kills:290(4%)
Star Rating
Silver Medal
repairmanjack said:

They not big fans of the 360, then?
#8 at 18:05:50 - 26/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
repairmanjack said:Tutorial done... OMFG, it's still awesome.

Killcam seems similar, so far, possibly slightly bloodier. Vehicle cam works really well, even on the old 360. Didn't realise it now had an XP system, lots of things to unlock, stealth is a viable option, loads of kit to play with. Unlocks and secrets on each level.

Seems like the long shots of the first game will be much more de rigeur... In short, won't be picking up Watchdogs for the time being, as this is going to own my time.

Good news! The bad news is my willpower crumbled and I did a last minute pre-order for the PS4 version out of convenience, desire for the bundled DLC and love of my shiny new console.
#9 at 19:54:47 - 26/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Awww... Never mind, at least you won't see how bad I am at it.

Stuck a couple of hours into it, it really is a great deal of fun - as we'd expect. I'm only playing on regular difficulty, but the troops are tougher, more alert, and very mobile. I'm getting caught out more times than I'd like to admit. The XP system works in tandem with finding upgrades in the environment, it seems.

There's things you can interact with in the environment to create sound cover (which is more essential than ever given the increased intelligence). I'm liking the stealth option and improved takedowns already and the levels seem vast after the tutorial. It's going to take some time to track all the goodies down.

Just downloading the free dlc at the moment. Our German guests are massing in the front room, so it's likely to be a while before I get back to it.

Although with the all the sarky comments about the football, I'm tempted to give it another half an hour.

Look forward to hearing your impressions, flex, if not your voice online.

Must get me one of these new consoles, at some point. Still not sure which way to go with next gen.

#10 at 21:46:11 - 26/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Tell you what though: there's way more gurgling in this than I remember. Sounds seems to have been tweaked a bit.

Not managed a nut shot yet. Been trying hard enough...
#11 at 21:47:54 - 26/06/2014
Espad
Flag
Comments:148
Thread Kills:20(1%)
AATG Pts:110
Star Rating
I too have buckled and have ordered this for PS4, looking forward to it, co-op campaign and overwatch made it an insta-buy.
#12 at 15:16:12 - 27/06/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
Never played a Sniper Elite game before but after reading the EG review (where I had my interest piqued by the comment that the game played like 8 MGS Ground Zero style levels in a row) and watching a few gameplay videos on YouTube I decided to get this on the PS4. Got my pre-order in yesterday so I should be getting the free DLC mission too.

Looking forward to playing this and watching those brutal killcam impacts!
#13 at 15:54:43 - 27/06/2014
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Glad it's more open this time around, SE2 seemed far too boxed in, probably pick it up on PC though, it's about 15 quid!
#14 at 16:38:21 - 27/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
I've notched up some pretty brutal kills including exploding someone's eyes. They really are pulling no punches, aren't they?

I came very close to an exploding testicle: I incapacitated someone about 60 metres away, and noted they fell with legs splayed and feet facing me - perfect ball-bullet fodder. Got the bullet cam, sure enough, only to watch the slug pass right between the aforementioned nuts. Damn!

#15 at 10:50:57 - 28/06/2014
Whizzo
Flag
Comments:146
Thread Kills:51(2%)
AATG Pts:165
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
40 quid for the PS4/XBO versions in Tesco if anyone is tempted.
#16 at 18:42:06 - 28/06/2014
repairmanjack
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
FlexibleFeline said:

I came very close to an exploding testicle...

There's an achievement for a nut shot from over one hundred metres away. :D

Got it yesterday. Seems to be inspired by Charlie Brooker.
#17 at 22:44:43 - 28/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
repairmanjack said:
FlexibleFeline said:

I came very close to an exploding testicle...

There's an achievement for a nut shot from over one hundred metres away. :D

Got it yesterday. Seems to be inspired by Charlie Brooker.

Seriously? :-D I have never wanted an achievement more.

Really enjoying the game - I've just finished the 4th (I think), where your rescue the prisoner from the fortress. Great stuff. I swear I spent nearly 3 hours on the level before that one.

One annoying point: one of the reasons I pre-ordered on PSN was for the DLC. It downloaded - at least it should have done; I have screenshots to show it noted as downloaded - but the option for the mission is whited out, and I can't see the DLC in my storage (just a 23gb file for the game). I can't retrieve it now from the store as it was a pre-order.

Anyone got any ideas? Sil, Espad or anyone else could you let me know if you had issues? If not, can you see the DLC in your storage separate from the main file, and how big is that file? I'm trying to work out whether I've even got it or not!
#18 at 08:28:21 - 29/06/2014
Espad
Flag
Star Rating
@flex, I don't have the DLC i'm afraid, i totally missed this was coming out so ordered too late.

its bloody a great game, i thought the exploding testicles were bad, then i witnessed popping eyeballs O_o
#19 at 09:40:22 - 30/06/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Cheers espad.

The exploding eyeballs are quite something. In fact, the whole level of detail lavished on breaking bones, shattering skulls and rupturing organs is quite something.
#20 at 11:16:03 - 30/06/2014
Espad
Flag
Star Rating
Flex - the DLC should be highlighted as downloaded levels in the campaign screen, I asked Shopto nicely for a code and they agreed, great customer service!

(it didn't work correctly at first, I had to go into the store look at recent downloads and download it a second time)
#21 at 10:11:18 - 01/07/2014
FlexibleFeline
Flag
Star Rating
Yes, that's the problem, inexplicably it wasn't highlighted - but I just logged on quickly to try to download again (even though that failed before) when I saw a message from Sil "total legend" lothian, who pointed me to a "renew license" option under PSN in settings - bang, instant success; DLC highlighted and ready to go.

Now, I don't understand what happened, but I'm very happy to be able to try it later - thanks a bunch Sil :-)
#22 at 19:04:56 - 01/07/2014
Sillothian
Flag
Star Rating
Silver Medal
FlexibleFeline said:Yes, that's the problem, inexplicably it wasn't highlighted - but I just logged on quickly to try to download again (even though that failed before) when I saw a message from Sil "total legend" lothian, who pointed me to a "renew license" option under PSN in settings - bang, instant success; DLC highlighted and ready to go.

Now, I don't understand what happened, but I'm very happy to be able to try it later - thanks a bunch Sil :-)

No problem Flex. I found what to do while trying to solve my own dlc download problem (which I rectified by adding the dlc to my download queue from the SEN website).

Really impressed with the game so far. I'm playing on 'sniper elite' difficulty as I want to make the game last. It is definitely a challenge a this difficulty but never frustrating. I am taking my time though as I've just reached the end of the second mission. I haven't triggered the end of the mission yet as I want to go back into the level and explore for any items I've missed.

The stealth works really well in SE3 and it definitely pays to take the time to survey your surroundings before proceeding to your objective. I also like the risk and reward the game offers you on taking out the bad guys. You may have the perfect shot lined up on an unsuspecting enemy but if you don't have the opportunity to hide the body then it could spell trouble for you down the line.

The game looks and sounds great on the PS4. Those kill-cam shots are brutal though. It is a good job non of the tabloids have got hold of this game as they would a field day with the graphic portrayal of your sniping antics!

So far I'm loving Sniper Elite 3 and look forward to getting some co-op campaign action in the future.
#23 at 21:26:42 - 01/07/2014

home