He couldn't see the cutting edge with a telescope...

Author Reply
Boo
Flag
Comments:1
Thread Kills:4(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
Greetings people - long time no see!

Work, a bit of gigging and a Lego habit that makes a crack whore look like they're just not committed has meant that I've drifted away from gaming for the past couple of years. My PS3 sits under the TV and is simply used for iPlayer and Amazon Prime while the Xbox 360 has never actually been out of the box.

But with the imminent release of The Last Guardian, I have been rudely awakened from my gaming stupor, so went out yesterday and bought a PS4 Pro. I think Mrs Boo has just inadvertently agreed to buy me a Wii U for Christmas, and if there's any cash left over when January dawns, I'm going to complete the triumvirate and pick up an Xbox 1 S.

(Mainly because I've got all the mainstream consoles going back to NES / Megadrive days, and it would feel wrong to stop now.)

Question is, what to play?

I've got TLG on pre-order, and after some basic google-fu, I've picked up DriveClub and the 2013 Tomb Raider, plus a double pack of Heavy Rain and Beyond, simply because I meant to pick them up for PS3 but didn't.

I'm looking for must-have's for all three platforms, but my problem is that just about everything these days involves massive amounts of combat which isn't really my bag, partly because it doesn't appeal, but mainly because I suck at it.

I've put a few things on my wishlist, like The BioShock collection, Uncharted 1,2,3 & 4, Life Is Strange and Portal 2

Previous favourites, Chez Boo have been:

Metal Gear Solid
KOTOR
Fahrenheit
Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requiem
Broken Sword (particularly in the cartoony 2D days)
Gran Turismo was great, but secretly, Burnout was more fun
Loved FF7, but despite starting it three times, Aeris is still alive and well
MarioKart in most of its forms

Single player / offline preferred.

As you can see, all pretty old, and combat-lite.

Could the panel recommend any titles for any of the current gen platforms, that they think are worth consideration?

I've looked at things like The Last Of Us, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, GTA5 etc, that seem to make all the 'must have' lists, but they're not grabbing me.

Where are all the fun RPG's? Do the kids these days just want to kill stuff?

/maybe getting too old for this gaming malarkey

Cheers!
#1 at 00:06:30 - 01/12/2016
Boo
Flag
Comments:1
Thread Kills:4(2%)
AATG Pts:50
Star Rating
I'm guessing the AATG forum has died then...
#2 at 12:12:04 - 08/12/2016
billdoor
Flag
Comments:183
Thread Kills:162(4%)
AATG Pts:180
Star Rating
Bronze Medal
Wii U- Mario Kart 8,Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

PS4/Xbox One S (depending on what's cheapest)- the TellTale bundle is currently dirt cheap, Resogun, Ratchet and Clank, No Mans Sky, Tower Fall Ascension for starters.

What did you get in the interim?!
#3 at 12:00:21 - 03/01/2017

home